I had hoped to do a detailed blog of each day’s travels as we drove westward. That’s not gonna happen. I’ve decided upon an alternate strategy. I’m going to hit the highlights each day, then come back and post more photos, etc., once the ground stops moving beneath our rear ends. Heck, I’ve even stopped trying to process all of the photos each evening. We’re too exhausted by day’s end.
- Crossed the Ohio into Illinois and lots of flat farmlands with corn.
- Crossed the Mississippi at St. Louis. Saw the Gateway Arch but didn’t stop (we had all visited previously.) Didn’t get many good photos.
- We were amazed at the decay of northern St. Louis and of the number of towns in Missouri with “Saint” in their names.
- Crossed the Missouri multiple times.
- Noticed the topography change at the Loutre River Valley.
- Bypassed Kansas City.
- Watched the land widen along the Missouri River Valley until we reached Council Bluffs.
- Cats did great throughout the trip and settled in OK at the hotel.
Miles Traveled – 596.4