I’ve been getting a bit more daring with my Photoshopping. After reading about blur overlays on the Digital Photography School, I decided to try a few on some more pictures. Here are a couple more before and after shots.
First, the Before. This shot was taken with my Nikon D50 attached to a Celestron C90 telescope. I was intially quite happy with the result…
Here’s how it looks after I tweaked it a bit.
To me, in the After shots the details look much clearer. Here’s what I did…I first created a copy of the image layer. To that, I applied a Gaussian blur, then changed it to an overlay layer. That tended to make the contrast a bit too intense and the overall image too dark. I went back to my original image layer and increased the brightness a bit. Finally, I went back to the overlay layer and adjusted the opacity until I got it looking like I wanted.
From here on out I think I’ll take a bit more time with my post-processing before I post the images to Flickr.
[tags]Photography, Photoshop, post-processing, Full Moon[/tags]