The Palmetto Achievement Test is no more. Beginning this year students in South Carolina will be taking new standardized tests. Unfortunately, new test doesn’t have a nifty new name or acronym, so State Superintendent Jim Rex has asked for help in coming up with a name. This is one opportunity that is just too good to pass up.
So, doing my duty as a South Carolina taxpayer and school official, here are some of my suggestions for the new test…
- Palmetto Uniform Knowledge Exam
- South Carolina Understanding Measurement
- Academic Measurements of Excellence for School Success
- The Journey of Knowledge Exam
- The Foundations of Academic Retention Test
- South Carolina Looks at Academic Performance, (with the following variation)
- Carolina Looks at Academic Performance
- South Carolina Looks at Understanding Test
- Academic Performance Exam (and if you don’t do well on that, you have to take the next one)
- Remedial Academic Performance Exam (and finally)
- Southeastern Test of Information and Knowledge
Of course, there’s always the ones suggested by the Charleston Post and Courier – The Nearly All Students Tested Yearly or “NASTY” or So We Eliminated PACT Testing or “SWEPT.”
I’d be very curious to see just how many and what types of suggestions they get.